LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Laptop and Netbook
User Name
Password
Linux - Laptop and Netbook Having a problem installing or configuring Linux on your laptop? Need help running Linux on your netbook? This forum is for you. This forum is for any topics relating to Linux and either traditional laptops or netbooks (such as the Asus EEE PC, Everex CloudBook or MSI Wind).

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2024, 06:04 PM   #1
TheJooomes

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Disable LCD brightness control in MATE

I have Debian 12 with MATE 1.26.0 running on a Dell D620. My laptops firmware and MATE fight over backlight brightness control, either conflicting or doubling actions with the keyboard shortcuts. When in the BIOS, a TTY, or a stand alone window manager, the brightness keys works as they should. But in a MATE session, a brightness indicator comes up on screen and sometimes acts erratically as both MATE and the laptop are controlling the brightness at the same time.

I've searched through dconf editor and the keyboard shortcuts in MATE, but can't find anyway to disable control. Any ideas?

Posting Rules